Monday, May 19, 2014

Thankful



Today has been one of those days where I am truly thankful for all of the good in my life, for there is so much for me to be grateful for. I'm thankful for spring, and blooming lavenders, and reading John Keats' Ode To a Nightingale aloud outside as I lay in my hammock. I'm thankful for delicious baked goods and the way sunshine feels on bare feet and for having friends that truly connect to your soul. I'm thankful for days where I can sit outside in the grass, reading a book and listening to the Avett Brothers. I'm thankful for yoga and meditation, and all of the peace it has brought me in my hectic life. I'm grateful for beautiful Mexican blankets and healing crystals and my two darling dogs sleeping on my legs. I'm grateful for the world finally being in full bloom, for the green plumes sprouting from tree branches, for songbirds beckoning me awake in the early morning. I'm thankful for prayer and the Lord and all the good he bestows upon us. I'm thankful for the hard times, the dark days, and the mountains we must climb in life, for they unveil all that is beautiful within this earth. I'm thankful for the people that care about me even though I often wonder why they do. I'm grateful to be alive, grateful to be given this chance to leave my footprint on the earth, however small it may be. I'm thankful for life. 




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. We should never forget to be thankful for these things which are the most important things we have in life x

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete