Sunday, May 18, 2014

Flea Market Wandering

 
Today was an absolutely lovely day. It was in the high sixties, the sun was shining, the sky was vast and blue--it was gorgeous. So a friend and I went over to a nearby flea market, which was absolutely amazing. Everything that was being sold was amazing, from WWII gas masks to old records--this market is amazing. I was swooning around every corner.
 
 
I can't believe that I've never been to this market before--it's absolutely fabulous. I came home so happy, my bag filled with goodies. Here's what I got:
 

Mexican Blanket

 
I have been searching for a good Mexican blanket for what feels like forever, and I'm thrilled that I finally found one. I love the colors in this blanket, they're gorgeous, and I got it for a pretty good price too. Yay for flea markets!
 

Dream Catcher Earrings

 
As you all know, I'm head over heels in love with dream catchers, so it seemed appropriate for me to get some dream catcher earrings for my very own. I love them, and they make such a pretty sound when I shake my head around. They're my new favorite earrings for sure.
 

Blue Calcite and Amethyst Stones

 
I'm really big into yoga and meditation, and I've been wanting to invest in some crystals for a long while. These two are wonderful, and will be great for meditation, or just to hold or carry around in my pocket. The purple on top is an Amethyst gemstone, and is believed to help with dreams, healing, intuition, peace, love, and happiness. The Blue Calcite on the bottom is used for calm, communication, and to amplify learning. I love them both, and I am so excited to start a collection of gemstones and crystals. Someday I hope to have enough so that I can create a ring around where I sit down to meditate, so I can really feel all the energy absorb into my body as my incense burns. But for now, I'm happy with these two.
 
 
 
I also had to add this adorable picture I snapped of Margot when I was trying to take a picture of my blanket, because how cute is she? She's been sleeping ever since I got home- a result of a long hike with my dad. She's really just the sweetest, and she's getting bigger and bigger every day!

Going to this flea market really made my weekend, and I want to go back as soon as I can. Was there anything fun in your guys' weekends? Tell me all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment