Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Beautiful Details


Today I decided to slow down my pace a bit, and focus my attention towards the smaller details in life that are often missed. I tried to focus on cherishing each individual moment rather than living in the past or the future. As I slowed my pace, breathing in the tiny details in life, I felt my soul sigh in delight, for I began to remember how much beauty is in this world, and how grateful I am for all of the wonderful little details. Today I found myself thankful for an abundance of things, and it truly opened my eyes to how lucky I am, and how I need to stop moving every once and I while, and just focus on the little things. Here are the little things I am grateful for today.

Margot (my puppy) sitting on my feet

Clean white sheets on my bed

Sore muscles

Good books 

Dreary mornings followed by bright afternoons

Mason Jars

Long hikes with my dog

Bare feet in the grass

A tall glass of sweet tea when you're thirsty

This day has been a wonderful reminder for me to take more time to slow down, and appreciate the life and the earth we live in.  There is so much beauty in the world, so why not take a moment to recognize and bask in it?


No comments:

Post a Comment