Saturday, May 10, 2014

Lunchtime Adventures


The rain has passed, and today was absolutely beautiful, so two of my friends and I decided to spend the afternoon downtown. The weather was perfect, and even went up to 80 degrees, which we sure haven't seen for a long while. It felt great to get out and stretch my legs, the sun on my face and a camera in my hands.




 It was so amazing to see all the trees and flowers blooming, and there was color everywhere. After such a long, bleak winter, it's great to finally have a little color in our lives. I'm reminded of all of my favorite parts of warmer weather, from going out for ice cream with friends to running through the backyard without shoes on. As much as I love a good snowfall, I am so ready for this warm weather to stay. It's like all of the trees grew leaves over night, and it's definitely boosting my spirits, regardless of what I have to do each day.





We were also happy to see that there was a local craft fair going on, and it was lovely to look at all the trinkets and jewelry that were out on the the tables. It added even more color to our day, which I love.






 But the one thing I am absolutely ecstatic about is the growth of all the wildlife and flowers. I found myself stopping and crouching to take pictures of flowers around every corner, since there was just so much blooming and growing. It made my soul swoon with spring delight. I always forget how much I love the springtime until it comes.



What did I wear?

It was a pretty warm day, so I was really excited to bust out a skirt and wear it without tights for once. It felt great, and had me looking forward to summer even more. I paired this loose, flowery skirt with a plain short-sleeved shirt, and it created a perfect outfit for the warm weather. I added my oxfords and a purse, and I was ready to go. 




shoes from DSW / Old Navy skirt / Aerie t-shirt / secondhand purse

How have you guys been enjoying this fabulous weather?


No comments:

Post a Comment