Saturday, June 21, 2014

Happy














There are a lot of things to be happy about right now, and it's truly making my mood soar into the clouds. I just feel so happy, and it doesn't take much to put a smile on my face. So here's why I'm so happy:


  • School is out! We are done for the summer, which makes me absolutely ecstatic. This school year was a rough one, and it felt like it dragged out over a very long period of time. I'm ready to have a refreshing, exciting summer and to start school next year fresh.
  • I am learning to play the banjo! It's one of my absolute favorite instruments, and a place near us offers free group lessons every Thursday. I've started doing those and then I plan on hopefully taking private  lessons after that! It makes me so giddy with excitement I can't even begin to describe how happy I am about it.
  • I can do a handstand. So I've been doing yoga for a while and a handstand always seem way out of reach for me. But I've been practicing, and I can do one! I can only stay up for a few seconds, but it makes me so happy to feel the progress I'm making. 
  • Margot. That dog makes me so so happy. She's my best friend, my hiking buddy, and the sweetest puppy in the world. I'm so grateful for her, and we've been having a lot of fun together lately. 
  • Typewriter! So my wonderful and amazing grandmother found a typewriter for me and gave it to me as a gift! It makes me so so happy I can't even begin to describe it. I've wanted a typewriter since I was a little girl and decided I wanted to be a writer (like Kit Kittredge, my American Girl Doll), so to finally have one is completely surreal. Thank you Grandma!
  • Cozy, lazy mornings. This morning has been filled with warm beds, homemade waffles, poetry, and lots of relaxing. I feel like I haven't had a good lazy morning in a long while, so this morning has been blissful. Hopefully the summer will be filled with more mornings such as these.
What are you guys happy about on this lovely first day of summer! Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment