Sunday, August 24, 2014

Wishing for Autumn




It may only be the end of August, but I am 100% ready for autumn to come. It is my favorite season by far, filled with some of the most gorgeous hues. When autumn comes I break out my sage and brown blouses, dark jeans, and bordeaux lipstick. I can hardly wait for the leaves to start changing, although I know I'll have to wait at least another month before they do. Fall is a beautiful season, and in my mind is the best of four. There's a certain air of melancholy in autumn, but not in a bad way. It's a feeling that makes you want to button up your coat and hurry home to your warm, cozy house and loving family. It's a time where I feel immensely grateful for the little things, whether it be family gatherings, soft blankets, warm fires, hot cider--all of it is music for my soul. I'm ready for autumn, and I'll be thrilled when it arrives. 




Minnetonka

My new obsession: Minnetonka shoes. I'm head over moccasins in love with them in every way possible. I must admit, one of my favorite things about them is that they make me feel like Pocahontas, my all time favorite Disney princess. Not only are they absolutely adorable, but they're so comfortable too. They're supportive and soft, my favorite combination. I can't believe I haven't bought any Minnetonka shoes prior to this. They're right up my alley; I absolutely adore them.  




The Hair

So you may be a bit curious as to where my hair has come from. No, I haven't found a hair growth potion that grows my hair out over night, but I've got the next  best thing: a wig. Wearing this wig has really given me back a lot of my self confidence, for as much as a bald head can be fun at times, there's quite a bit of emotional trauma when it comes to hair loss and bald patches. I picked up this wig yesterday, and I've been on top of the world since then. It's been a while since I've had hair, and having this wig is just absolutely amazing. It's beyond words. I feel like I've gotten back my femininity, and more importantly, it's given me more confidence. I don't cringe when I look in the mirror anymore; instead I feel happy to see dark, wavy locks brimming my face.

My wig is made of human hair, and it's intended for daily use.  So it needs a lot of love and care. Every two weeks or so you need to wash it with some magical wig shampoo and conditioner, and you need to brush it out whenever you wear it. The nice thing about a human hair wig is that you can treat it just like you would hair. It can be curled and straightened without being damaged, which is wonderful. I expected the wig to be itchy and uncomfortable, but it's actually quite nice. It just feels like you're wearing a thin cap around your head. Then again, I'm bald, so for someone with long hair it might be much more uncomfortable. But all in all, I'm really really happy, and this wig will surely boost my confidence in many ways, especially when I begin school in the fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment