Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Life Through a VSCO Filter



I'm finding it really interesting how I document my life online, particularly through Instagram. I love photography, and I find the pairing of pictures and words to be a wonderful way to express myself. 
Looking back on my posts can be a bit peculiar. I see times when I was honest, and times where I put on a happy face and pretended all was well. I see true joy and dark sadness. I see the rise and fall of seasons, emotions, and events. I see what I deemed in my mind to be important, and I see all that I left out. I see how my pictures and posts have changed and evolved as time passes. 
I truly enjoy how you can use the internet as an online diary, a documentation of your life. Above is just one way I document my life, and there are so many others, some on the internet, and some on pages in my room. 
Instagram is one of my favorite means of expressing online, and if you'd like to join my journey through life and recovery, you can follow me: @juliadiaries. 
How do you like to express online? Do you think that documentation through social networks is a good or bad thing? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment